At Cogges Veterinary Surgery we aim to deliver the highest level of healthcare and service to you and your pets.
To complement the consultations and surgery provided by our veterinary surgeons, our dedicated team of veterinary nurses run clinics covering various aspects of your pets’ healthcare. Many are free of charge to our clients. The clinics run throughout the day by appointment, Monday to Saturday.
The free clinics include:
– Weight reduction
– Puppy parties
– 6 month puppy checks
– Post surgery examinations
– Dental healthcare
– Suture removal
– Dietary and nutrition advice
– Basic behaviour and training advice
– Flea and worm treatment administration (treatment products are chargeable)
– General preventative healthcare advice
Additional clinics available with an RVN (Registered Veterinary Nurse):
– Minor dematting
– Nail clipping
– Tick removal
– Expressing anal glands
– Medication administration (under the direction of a veterinary surgeon)
– Blood sampling (under the direction of a veterinary surgeon)
– Blood pressure monitoring (under the direction of a veterinary surgeon)
The above clinics may be subject to a fee.
While our nurse team is unable to make a definitive diagnosis, they can refer you to a veterinary surgeon if they detect a problem, or suspect disease. If you have any concerns about your pet’s health or behaviour, however small it may seem, please call us to book an appointment with one of our nurses. Early detection of any condition will result in a better outcome for your pet.
To book an appointment with one of our nurses, please telephone the practice on 01993 772627, or pop in and speak with one of our nurses at reception.